Thursday, September 15, 2011

What's Mad Art About?

I know no one really reads our blog but for any who do, you may be wondering why it is called the Mad Art Family. Mad Art is the name of lifestyle brand I planned on running. I have been wanting to own my own clothing company since before Kimm and I started dating. I have tossed around lots of different names, most of which have been taken. Then one night I was laying in a very uncomfortable full size bed in Tucson at my in laws and I couldn't sleep. I had been telling my mother and father in law that I really want to get a company started and it was amazing the support they were giving me. They both kept saying how they thought I would do great at it and that clothing is totally something they see me doing. So as I was laying I was trying to come up with a name. I was thinking about what this company would be to me... a dream come true. I love new fashion and love creating it and as I thought about the "dream" aspect of it... it came to me. Make a dream a reality today. I knew it was time for me to make this happen and get things going if it was ever going to happen. So I look at the first letters of that. Make A Dream A Reality Today... MAD ART!!! I just knew that was it. I started out thinking that the company was actually going to be M.A.C.C. (Mad Art Clothing Company)... but the more I messed around with the name and thinking of logos and all of that, I just knew I had to emphasize Mad Art. So once I get this biz going, it will officially be Mad Art Clothing Company. I will use M.A.C.C. here and there but you will see more of the Mad Art.

I love how supportive my wife is in this. She wants me to live out my dream and knows that I will succeed. It's such a great blessing to have her behind me on it. I'm also very blessed that she has an artistic because she is going to be one of my main designers. She's the one that came up with the possible logo.

So with all hopes, by the end of this year we will have Mad Art Clothing Company made as an official LLC, have Mad Art Clothing Company and Make A Dream A Reality Today both trademarked, and have our first shirts printed and maybe our first sales. I plan on doing a lot of OT at work when I go back so that we can make this dream come true. What is your dream? Are you making it a reality? Cuz it's never too late!!!! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment